We Have a Good One for you Doc! - WBT
This CE is a 1.25 CE module which requires participants to view a one hour video, complete a 10 question quiz with 80 percent accuracy, and complete an evaluation..
Upon completion the learner will be able to:
- Review anatomy and physiology of the thorax
- Identify different approaches to hemorrhage control including tourniquet use, hemostatic agents, and clotting medications such as TXA
- Examine the indications and contraindications to emergent thoracotomies in the emergency department.
- Describe the signs and symptoms of thoracic trauma including hemo/ pneumothorax, pericardial tamponade, rib fractures, sternal injuries
Chris Winter, MD
EMS Continuing Education approved by the State of Colorado through Centura Health Prehospital Services Training Center and Group # CO 039 (SAH), #CO 040 (PSF) and #CO 065 (SDG)
- 1.25 Participation
- 1.25 Trauma
- 0.75 NCCP-Trauma: Fluid Resuscitation
- 0.75 NCCP-Trauma: Hemorrhage Control