SANHC-AVISTA EMS CE April 6, 2023 The Preventable Causes Of Death: Good Medicine in Bad Places
Tactical medicine. The Preventable Causes Of Death: Good Medicine in Bad Places
1) Students will learn about the 3 phases of care in tactical medicine and the appropriate interventions in each phase.
2) Will review the priorities of care in the MARCH algorithm.
3) Students will review the preventable causes of death in trauma and the appropriate prehospital interventions for those injuries.
Eric Hill, MD, FACEP, FAEMS
Dr. Hill is a double board-certified in emergency medicine and emergency medical services and practices at the Medical Center of Aurora. He is the Medical Director for Aurora Fire Rescue, Falck Rocky Mountain Ambulance service, and 5 other Fire/EMS agencies along the east I-70 corridor. He is also the EMS Medical Director for the Medical Center of Aurora and is a Medical Officer on the CO-2 Disaster Medical Assistance Team which responds to national disasters to provide medical care.
Dr. Hill is a combat veteran in the US Army and was honorably discharged after 7 years on active duty at the rank of Major. He was deployed for 10 months to the Iraq war in 2009-2010 as the Brigade Surgeon for the 2nd Brigade Combat Team, 10th Mountain Division.
Prior to medical school, Dr. Hill was a firefighter and paramedic in Colorado and worked for several fire departments in Boulder County for 7 years.
EMS Continuing Education approved by the State of Colorado through Centura Health Prehospital Services Training Center and Group # CO 039 (SAH), #CO 040 (PSF) and #CO 065 (SDG)
- 0.25 Airway, Ventilation, Respiratory
- 0.75 Trauma
- 0.25 NCCP-Trauma: Fluid Resuscitation
- 0.25 NCCP-Trauma: Hemorrhage Control
- 0.25 NCCP-Trauma: Triage