Pediatric Trauma - WBT
This CE is a 1 CE module which requires participants to view a one hour video, complete a 10 question quiz with 80 percent accuracy, and complete an evaluation..
Ask most pre-hospital providers what type of call strikes fear into their hearts and the answer is usually anything to do with Pediatrics. Participants will be taken through the normal physiologic differences with our smaller population and then relate that to how it affects the traumatically injured victim. Participants will be given the information to help determine treatment course for this challenging subset of trauma victims.
Upon completion the learner will be able to:
- Describe the physical assessment of the pediatric trauma patient
- Describe treatment strategies for the pediatric trauma patient.
- Discuss the key physiologic and anatomical features of children vs adult patients
- Recognize non-accidental trauma injuries in the pediatric population
David Sanko, NRP
EMS Continuing Education approved by the State of Colorado through Centura Health Prehospital Services Training Center and Group # CO 039 (SAH), #CO 040 (PSF) and #CO 065 (SDG)
- 1.00 Participation
- 1.00 Trauma
- 0.50 NCCP-Trauma: Fluid Resuscitation
- 0.50 NCCP-Trauma: Hemorrhage Control