Pediatric Skills 2 hour on site CE GGFD
The students will be given 3 scenarios regarding pediatric incidents to include both a cold and warm water drowning, snake bite, and viral bronchiolitis
EMS Providers under Dr. Branney and Dr. Eby.
By the end of this class the student will be able to:
1. Demonstrate quality CPR on an infant and child using AHA and DMPP rates and algorhythms
2. Demonstrate how to size, insert, and trouble shoot airway management for an infant, child, and teenager.
3. Demonstrate how to set and administer IM EPI, create a dirty EPI drip, and administer nebulized medication.
4. Demonstrate how to insert an IO on an infant and child
5. Demonstrate how to care for a rattlesnake bite to include signs and symptoms of shock, anaphylaxis, and appropriate treatment.
Arthur "Lee" Meyer
Dr. Scott Branney
Dr. Gene Eby
EMS Continuing Education approved by the State of Colorado through Centura Health Prehospital Services Training Center and Group # CO 039 (SAH), #CO 040 (PSF) and #CO 065 (SDG)
- 1.50 Airway, Ventilation, Respiratory
- 0.50 NCCP-ARV: Capnography
- 0.50 NCCP-ARV: Oxygenation
- 0.50 NCCP-ARV: Ventilation
- 0.25 Cardio
- 0.25 NCCP-Cardio: Cardiac Arrest
- 0.25 Medical
- 0.25 NCCP-Medical: Medication Delivery