Pediatric Shock-Webinar 2023-WBT
This session will cover one of those types of calls that strikes fear into every provider’s heart: the sick pediatric patient. We will cover one of the various forms of shock and then formulate different treatment strategies for them. These guys are scary because they can compensate tremendously well and for a long period of time before they suddenly decompensate and get very sick, very fast.
Upon completion the student will be able to:
- Describe & compare the various forms of shock to include hypovolemic, cardiogenic, distributive, and obstructive shock.
- Identify the various causes of shock in the pediatric patient
- List the appropriate interventions for the treatment of shock in the pediatric patient
- Compare and contrast “normal” vital signs to those of a pediatric patient in shock
Christy Tennant, BSN, C-NPT
Trauma Injury Prevention Specialist
Penrose St. Francis
EMS Continuing Education approved by the State of Colorado through Centura Health Prehospital Services Training Center and Group # CO 039 (SAH), #CO 040 (PSF) and #CO 065 (SDG)
- 0.50 Medical
- 0.50 NCCP-Medical: Medication Delivery
- 1.00 Nursing
- 0.50 Trauma
- 0.50 NCCP-Trauma: Fluid Resuscitation