Meyer-August 9th AM CE Class Allergy and Anaphylaxis 2 hour Credit
Allergy and Anaphylaxis targeted toward ALS and BLS providers
OD and Treatments Available
EMS Providers under Dr. Soriya and Dr. Eby.
Upon completion of this class the student will be able to:
- Describe the antigen-antibody response.
- Differentiate between an allergic reaction and a normal immune response.
- Describe signs and symptoms and management of local allergic reactions based on an understanding of the pathophysiology associated with this condition.
- Identify allergens associated with anaphylaxis.
- Describe the pathophysiology, signs and symptoms, and management of anaphylaxis.
- Describe the appropriate dose of Narcan and why full dosing can be detrimental.
- Identify, handle, and properly restrain a person with hyper-delirium agitation using both chemical and physical restraint.
- Appropriately treat a person suffering from TCA OD.
- How to identify and treat person who is suffering from organophosphate poisoning.
- How to treat a person suffering from Beta-Blockade and Calcium Channel Blockade.
Arthur "Lee" Meyer
Dr. Gina Soriya
Dr. Gene Eby
EMS Continuing Education approved by the State of Colorado through Centura Health Prehospital Services Training Center and Group # CO 039 (SAH), #CO 040 (PSF) and #CO 065 (SDG)
- 2.00 Medical
- 1.50 NCCP-Medical: Immunological Emergencies
- 0.50 NCCP-Medical: Toxicological Emergencies - Opiods