March 8th 2023 AM class Geriatric Trauma - 2 hour CE
This class focuses on Geriatric trauma, causes, treatment
By the end of this class the student will be able to:
- Discuss the epidemiology for trauma in older people.
- Discuss the assessment findings in older patients with traumatic injuries.
- Describe management and transport of the older trauma victim.
- Discuss the risk factors that make older people prone to falls.
- Discuss essential components of assessing a fall.
- Describe strategies used for prevention of falls.
Arthur "Lee" Meyer
Dr. Scott Branney
Dr. Gene Eby
EMS Continuing Education approved by the State of Colorado through Centura Health Prehospital Services Training Center and Group # CO 039 (SAH), #CO 040 (PSF) and #CO 065 (SDG)
- 0.25 Cardio
- 0.25 NCCP-Cardio: Stroke
- 0.50 Medical
- 0.50 NCCP-Medical: Special Healthcare Needs
- 0.25 Operations
- 0.25 NCCP-Operations: At-Risk Populations
- 1.00 Trauma
- 1.00 NCCP-Trauma: Central Nervous System