LM-Hemorrhagic Assessment and Treatment Skills November 9th PM 2 hours
Using the MARCHE assessment algorithim assess and formulate treatment plans for various trauma scenarios
EMS Providers under Dr. Branney and Dr. Eby.
By the end of this class the student will be able to:
1. Demonstrate how to perform an assessment on a trauma patient using the MARCHE pneumonic.
2. Demonstrate how to stop bleeding using packing, pressure, tourniquets, Quick Clot Gauze,
3. Demonstrate how to apply a pelvic binder
4. Demonstrate how to apply a traction splint
5. Using DMPP, determine if spinal immobilization is required.
6. Discuss the use of TxA and how and when to administer.
Arthur "Lee" Meyer
Dr. Scott Branney
Dr. Gene Eby
EMS Continuing Education approved by the State of Colorado through Centura Health Prehospital Services Training Center and Group # CO 039 (SAH), #CO 040 (PSF) and #CO 065 (SDG)
- 0.25 Airway, Ventilation, Respiratory
- 0.50 State, Local, and Individual
- 1.00 Trauma
- 0.50 NCCP-Trauma: Fluid Resuscitation
- 0.50 NCCP-Trauma: Hemorrhage Control