July 21 PM Class Protocol Updates, CHF, Pulmonary Edema, CPAP, NTG.-Virtual 2 Credit Hours
Current protocol updates effective July 1, 2022. Review of heart failure, pathophysiology, presentation, and treatment.
EMS Providers under Dr. Soriya and Dr. Eby.
By the end of this course the student will:
- Be able to discuss the new protocols and apply them in clinical practice.
- Discuss the pathophysiology of heart failure
- Discuss the causes of pulmonary edema.
- Discuss how CPAP aids in improving gas exchange in pulmonary edema.
- Discuss how NTG affects preload and thus aids in reducing pulmonary edema.
Arthur "Lee" Meyer
Dr. Gina Soriya
Dr. Gene Eby
EMS Continuing Education approved by the State of Colorado through Centura Health Prehospital Services Training Center and Group # CO 039 (SAH), #CO 040 (PSF) and #CO 065 (SDG)
- 0.50 Airway, Ventilation, Respiratory
- 1.00 Cardio
- 0.50 State, Local, and Individual