Geriatric Trauma - WBT
This CE is a 1 CE module which requires participants to view a one hour video, complete a 10 question quiz with 80 percent accuracy, and complete an evaluation..
With the Baby-Boomers, single largest population group of people, getting older and beginning to retire, this topic becomes more timely and applicable. Participants will be taken through the normal physiologic changes that occur with the aging process and then relate that to how it affects the traumatically injured victim. Participants will be given the information to help determine the underlying sequence of whether or not it was a medical patient first and then a trauma patient or vice versa.
Upon completion the learner will be able to:
- Discuss the epidemiology for trauma in older people.
- Discuss the assessment findings in older patients with traumatic injuries.
- Describe management and transport of the older trauma victim.
- Discuss the risk factors that make older people prone to falls.
- Discuss essential components of assessing a fall.
- Identify strategies used for prevention of falls.
David Sanko, NRP
EMS Continuing Education approved by the State of Colorado through Centura Health Prehospital Services Training Center and Group # CO 039 (SAH), #CO 040 (PSF) and #CO 065 (SDG)
- 1.00 Operations
- 1.00 NCCP-Operations: At-Risk Populations
- 1.00 Participation