Evergreen Fire Volunteer FF Quarterly EMS Training Nov 7, 2022
Volunteer Basic Life Support focused Quarterly EMS training. This course will educate the BLS provider in BLS skills and knowledge on patient assessment, for both medical and trauma patient. This course will focus on BLS skills and skills to assist the ALS provider including placing a Lucas Device, connecting patient to ECG and other monitoring. How to backboard and place a patient in Stockes basket.
Upon completion of this training the participant with be able to:
- Be able to name the steps in initial patient assessment including how to evaluate for Airway, Breathing and Circulation.
- Identify the correct steps in immediate managing airway including airway position for both the medical and trauma patient.
- Identify & be able name the indications and contraindications of using airway adjuncts and demonstrate appropriate placement.
- Demonstrate how to place a Lucas Device
- Be able to identify and Name the importance of SAMPLE, OPQRST and DCAPT-BTLS in patient evaluation.
- Be able to demonstrate how to immobilize a patient using backboard into Stokes basket.
Gina Scarbrough, NRP, FP-C
Dave Montesi, NRP
Andrew Gard, NRP
EMS Continuing Education approved by the State of Colorado through Centura Health Prehospital Services Training Center and Group # CO 039 (SAH), #CO 040 (PSF) and #CO 065 (SDG)
- 0.50 Airway, Ventilation, Respiratory
- 0.25 NCCP-ARV: Oxygenation
- 0.25 NCCP-ARV: Ventilation
- 0.50 Cardio
- 0.50 NCCP-Cardio: Cardiac Arrest
- 1.00 Medical
- 0.50 NCCP-Medical: Endocrine Emergencies - Diabetes
- 3.00 State, Local, and Individual
- 1.00 Trauma