Evergreen Fire Volunteer FF Quarterly EMS Training Jan 30, 2023 Skills rodeo
Volunteer Basic Life Support focused Quarterly EMS training. This course will educate the BLS provider in BLS skills and knowledge on patient medical and trauma assessment. This course will focus on BLS skills including, how to ventilate a both pediatric and adult patients, use appropriate airway adjuncts, inserting subglottic airways, Spinal immobilization, appropriate use of trauma tourniquet, pelvic splint, hemorrhage control, Cardiac arrest management, use of Lucas device, CPR, Managing a BLS scene prior to ALS arrival
Upon completion of this training the participant with be able to:
- Be able to name the steps in initial patient assessment including how to evaluate for Airway, Breathing and Circulation.
- Identify the correct steps in immediate managing airway including airway position use of airway adjuncts for both the medical and trauma patient.
- Identify & be able name the indications and contraindications of using airway adjuncts and demonstrate appropriate placement.
- Be able to demonstrate appropriate steps for CPR
- Demonstrate how to place a Lucas Device
- Be able to demonstrate ways to manage hemorrhage control including placing pelvic binder and trauma tourniquet
- Be able to demonstrate how to immobilize a patient using backboard into Stokes basket.
Gina Scarbrough, NRP, FP-C
Dave Montesi, NRP
Andrew Gard, NRP
EMS Continuing Education approved by the State of Colorado through Centura Health Prehospital Services Training Center and Group # CO 039 (SAH), #CO 040 (PSF) and #CO 065 (SDG)
- 0.50 Airway, Ventilation, Respiratory
- 0.25 NCCP-ARV: Oxygenation
- 0.25 NCCP-ARV: Ventilation
- 1.00 Medical
- 0.25 NCCP-Medical: Infectious Disease
- 0.25 NCCP-Medical: Medication Delivery
- 0.25 NCCP-Medical: Pain Management
- 0.25 NCCP-Medical: Special Healthcare Needs
- 3.00 State, Local, and Individual
- 1.00 Trauma
- 0.25 NCCP-Trauma: Central Nervous System
- 0.25 NCCP-Trauma: Fluid Resuscitation
- 0.25 NCCP-Trauma: Hemorrhage Control
- 0.25 NCCP-Trauma: Triage