Evergreen Fire Volunteer FF Quarterly EMS Training Aug 29, 2022
Volunteer Basic Life Support focused Quarterly EMS training. This course will educate the BLS provider in BLS skills and knowledge in both Medical patient including adult and pediatric airway, cardiac arrest, trauma patient. This course will focus on BLS skills and skills to assist the ALS provider.
Upon completion of this training the participant with be able to:
- Be able to name the steps in initial patient assessment including how to evaluate for Airway, Breathing and Circulation.
- Identify the correct steps in immediate managing airway including airway position for both the medical and trauma patient.
- Identify & be able name the indications and contraindications of using airway adjuncts and demonstrate appropriate placement.
- Be able to demonstrate the correct way to use and Bag Ventilation Mask in all age groups and identify the importance of using a PEEP valve.
- Be able to demonstrate how to connect wave from ETCO2 to the cardiac monitor
- Demonstrate the correct hand placement for chest compressions and be able to name identify the correct depth and demonstrate the correct chest recoil for all ages groups.
- Be able to demonstrate how to use AED and correct placement of PADS
- Be able to identify and demonstrate correct placement of a 4 and 12 lead ECG Leads and how to connect it to the cardiac monitor
- Be able to identify and demonstrate the correct way to prepare a patient for intubation by using passive oxygen via N/C and NRB and name the importance of it.
- Be able to identify and demonstrate how to set up and IO
- Be able to identify and demonstrate how to place an IO
- Be able to identify and demonstrate how to appropriately spike and IV bag
- Be able to name the difference between a micro and Marco IV drip set and how to identify it
- Be able to identify and demonstrate how to package a patient in a Vacuum mattress
- Be able to demonstrate how to place a Cervical collar
- Be able to demonstrate how to place a pelvic splint
Gina Scarbrough, NRP, FP-C
EMS Continuing Education approved by the State of Colorado through Centura Health Prehospital Services Training Center and Group # CO 039 (SAH), #CO 040 (PSF) and #CO 065 (SDG)
- 1.00 Airway, Ventilation, Respiratory
- 0.50 NCCP-ARV: Oxygenation
- 0.50 NCCP-ARV: Ventilation
- 1.00 Cardio
- 0.50 NCCP-Cardio: Cardiac Arrest
- 0.50 NCCP-Cardio: Pediatric Cardiac Arrest
- 3.00 State, Local, and Individual
- 1.00 Trauma