EMS Safety - Beyond BSI - Scene Safety - WBT
This CE is a 1 CE module which requires participants to view a one hour video, complete a 10 question quiz with 80 percent accuracy, and complete an evaluation..
Upon completion the learner will be able to
- Discuss factors contributing to the EMS culture of safety and ways to change its paradigm through changing the culture, promoting situational awareness, and advocating for best practices.
- Review personal protection and body substance isolation as it relates to EMS safety from diseases and other causes of illness or contamination.
- Consider safe driving practices as they relate to EMS response and patient transport.
- Discuss various scene safety factors as they relate to situational awareness, crew resource management, and toward having an increased culture of awareness toward safety practices.
Tim Nowak, NRP
EMS Continuing Education approved by the State of Colorado through Centura Health Prehospital Services Training Center and Group # CO 039 (SAH), #CO 040 (PSF) and #CO 065 (SDG)
- 1.00 Operations
- 1.00 NCCP-Operations: EMS Culture - Culture of Safety
- 1.00 Participation