Dr Branney & Latest Medical and EMS Research from the 2023 Eagles Conference
This course will cover the latest research in EMS that was presented at the Recent 2023 Eagles Conference. These topics will include trauma, cardiac, medical, airway OB, Pediatric and other categories. Dr Scott Branney will be presenting this material and going over the latest findings in 2023 and how that will apply to EMs providers and their practice of medicine.
1) Be able to describe latest findings in cardiac arrest patients and the effects of epinephrine and defibrillation.
2) Be able to describe what "Headsup CPR" is and what research is showing in a the cardiac arrest patient.
3) Be able to describe what ECMO is and what and ECMO center is and how that applies to prehospital environment and decisions to patient's to ECMO Centers
4) Be able to name why considering pacemakers use in the prehospital environment could effect patient outcomes
5) Be able to describe what the 5 parts of trauma care study as well as whole blood administration benefits for patients and how calcium is effected
6) Be able to describe the latest research in Pediatrics including pain control use of TXA and Ketamine, Ventilations, Seizure control, use of antibiotics and sepsis in pediatrics.
7) Be able to describe latest research in OB including Eclampsia & Preeclampsia
8) Be able to name the latest research in dangers of lithium batteries
Scott Branney MD
EMS Continuing Education approved by the State of Colorado through Centura Health Prehospital Services Training Center and Group # CO 039 (SAH), #CO 040 (PSF) and #CO 065 (SDG)
- 0.25 Airway, Ventilation, Respiratory
- 0.25 Cardio
- 0.25 Medical
- 0.50 Operations
- 0.50 NCCP-Operations: EMS Research
- 0.25 Trauma