DC S&R Quarterly Skills 4 hour CE -
Managing the search and rescue scene.
Learn the MARCHE assessment.
STOP THE BLEED
Recognizing hypothermia and application of the hypowrap
Recognition of frostbite and treatment.
Perform cardiac resuscitation on an adult, child, and infant.
EMS Providers under Dr. Eby.
By the end of this class the student will be able to:
1. describe the goals in establishing scene management for a search and rescue scenario.
2. Demonstrate how to use the MARCHE assessment for trauma patients.
3. Demonstrate how to stop bleeding using direct pressure, wound packing, tourniquets, and Quik Clot gauze.
4. Demonstrate how to perform a cardiac resuscitation on an adult, child, and infant
5. Describe the signs and symptoms of frost bite and the treatment modalities.
6. Describe the sign and symptoms of hypothermia and the treatment modalities.
7. Demonstrate the application of the hypowrap hypothermia treatment device.
Arthur "Lee" Meyer
Dr. Gene Eby
EMS Continuing Education approved by the State of Colorado through Centura Health Prehospital Services Training Center and Group # CO 039 (SAH), #CO 040 (PSF) and #CO 065 (SDG)
- 1.00 Cardio
- 0.50 NCCP-Cardio: Cardiac Arrest
- 0.50 NCCP-Cardio: Pediatric Cardiac Arrest
- 1.00 Operations
- 1.00 NCCP-Operations: Crew Resource Management
- 2.00 Trauma