Central City Fire CE January 25, 2023 -- Airway/Breathing
Assessment of airway, breathing status and oxygenation.
Firefighter EMT/first responders affiliated with Central City Fire Dept.
- Describe the physiology of hypoxia and its effects upon the body
- Determine patency of an airway and how to maintain/secure it
- Review tools and methods of oxygenation and ventilation, including manual maneuvers, OPA/NPA, suction, BVM, CPAP, supraglottic airway, intubation.
- Review common pathologies and conditions which contribute to airway compromise and hypoxia
- Differentiate between respiratory distress and respiratory arrest.
Richard Estep, NRP
EMS Continuing Education approved by the State of Colorado through Centura Health Prehospital Services Training Center and Group # CO 039 (SAH), #CO 040 (PSF) and #CO 065 (SDG)
- 2.00 Airway, Ventilation, Respiratory
- 1.00 NCCP-ARV: Oxygenation
- 1.00 NCCP-ARV: Ventilation