This CE is a 1 CE module which requires participants to view a one hour video and complete a 10 question quiz with 80 percent accuracy.
Upon completion the learner will be able to:
• Learn the hemodynamic parameters of ADHF and cardiogenic shock.
• Understand the patterns of cardio-renal hemodynamics in heart failure
• Know what the Cardio-MEMS device measures • Define Pulmonary Hypertension and Vasodilator Responsiveness.
• Distinguish precapillary from post capillary Pulmonary Hypertension
• Explain how a VAD device operates and when it will be utilized and the implications for the EMS provider Hemodynamics 101 1. Basics and Measurements Invasive and noninvasive parameters 2. Determinants of Cardiac function and heart failure Including cardio-renal syndrome, pulmonary HT, implantable monitoring 3. Cardiogenic Shock: hemodynamics and initial treatment 4. LVADs: introduction to and field assessment of the device CE Hour Allocation: 1.0 hours total: Traditional
Dr. Ira Dauber, MD
EMS Continuing Education approved by the State of Colorado through Centura Health Prehospital Services Training Center and Group # CO 039 (SAH), #CO 040 (PSF) and #CO 065 (SDG)
- 1.00 Cardio
- 1.00 NCCP-Cardio: Acute Coronary Syndrome
- 1.00 Participation