Black Hawk Fire CE Mar 24, 2023 (session 2): BLS Airway
Assessing and managing patient airway at the BLS level
Firefighter EMT/first responders/paramedics affiliated with Black Hawk Fire Dept.
- • Identify need for assisted ventilation
• Indications/contraindications for NPA
• Indications/contraindications for OPA
• Indications/contraindications for IGEL
• Hands on training with all airway adjuncts utilizing airway head mannequin
• Identify potential causes of respiratory distress, respiratory failure, and apnea.
Matt Bowman, EMS Coordinator
EMS Continuing Education approved by the State of Colorado through Centura Health Prehospital Services Training Center and Group # CO 039 (SAH), #CO 040 (PSF) and #CO 065 (SDG)
- 1.00 Airway, Ventilation, Respiratory
- 0.50 NCCP-ARV: Oxygenation
- 0.50 NCCP-ARV: Ventilation