Autism Sensitivity Training for First Responders Genesee Fire Feb 21, 2023
Autism Sensitivity Training for First Responders
Learn what autism is, recognize the signs/characteristics, and respond appropriately in emergency situations.
Also learn how to perform EMS exams on autistic patients, and utilize unique strategies for search and rescue operations.
- First Responders will be able to describe what autism spectrum disorder is & how it can present in autistic individuals.
- First Responders are able to describe strategies, ways to interact & the importance when evaluating and autistic patient.
- First Responders are able to name typical behavioral patterns seen in autistic individuals who are under stressful situations (e.g., fire, medical emergency), and ways to approach these situations, including the most important safety rule to prevent a wandering/bolt risk.
Kim Marklund, AAS, BA, MA
EMS Continuing Education approved by the State of Colorado through Centura Health Prehospital Services Training Center and Group # CO 039 (SAH), #CO 040 (PSF) and #CO 065 (SDG)
- 1.00 Medical
- 0.50 NCCP-Medical: Psychiatric and Behavioral Emergencies
- 0.50 NCCP-Medical: Special Healthcare Needs
- 1.00 Operations
- 1.00 NCCP-Operations: At-Risk Populations