Autism Sensitivity Training for First Responders Foothills Fire May 4, 2023
May 4, 2023
Autism Sensitivity Training for First Responders
Learn what autism is, recognize the signs/characteristics, and respond appropriately in emergency situations.
Also learn how to perform EMS exams on autistic patients, and utilize unique strategies for search and rescue operations.
1. Describe what autism spectrum disorder(ASD) is & how it can present in autistic individuals
2. Identify strategies & practices that promote safe, positive & effective patient care when encountering patients with ASD.
3. Explain, typical behaviors seen in patients with ASD who are under stressful situations including wandering/bolting.
Kim Marklund, AAS, BA, MA
Gina Scarbrough, NRP, FP-C
EMS Continuing Education approved by the State of Colorado through Centura Health Prehospital Services Training Center and Group # CO 039 (SAH), #CO 040 (PSF) and #CO 065 (SDG)
- 1.00 Medical
- 0.50 NCCP-Medical: Psychiatric and Behavioral Emergencies
- 0.50 NCCP-Medical: Special Healthcare Needs
- 1.00 Operations
- 1.00 NCCP-Operations: At-Risk Populations