Annual Foothills/I-70 Area EMS Trauma Skills Field Day
A full-day event of hands-on EMS skills, scenarios and small-group problem solving with Emergency Physicians and Paramedic instructors leading small-group skills stations in airway, trauma, cardiac, medical and operations.
All levels will be covered in key skills from BLS through ALS to include realistic live-patient trauma scenarios. The afternoon will consist or three 1-hour long MCI / rescue scenarios where participants rotate through all areas of MCI- to include command/triage, medical treatment, staging/transport.
The day ends with a Flight-for-Life helicopter demo including a live-patient load and Q&A from the crew.
1. Participants will perform key hands-on skills to include basic and advanced airway management techniques, trauma patient assessment, hemorrhage control, spinal motion restriction, and shock management.
2. Participants will understand key elements of physician-led topics on shock management, crush injuries and pain management.
3. Participants will understand and perform key aspects and roles of rescue and MCI operations in three separate live-patient MCI scenarios with live-patient rescue/stokes basket carry-outs.
Scott Branney, MD
Sam Smith, MD
Steve Drago, NRP
Gina Scarbrough, NRP, FP-C
Chief Bob Fager, NRP,
Abby Travers, NRP
Quintan Galt, NRP, FP-C
Robin Hahn, RN, CFRN
Dan Halstead, NRP
John Singsheim, NRP
Dan Vinnola, NRP
Wolf Fauteux AEMT
EMS Continuing Education approved by the State of Colorado through Centura Health Prehospital Services Training Center and Group # CO 039 (SAH), #CO 040 (PSF) and #CO 065 (SDG)
- 0.50 Airway, Ventilation, Respiratory
- 0.50 Cardio
- 0.50 NCCP-Cardio: Cardiac Arrest
- 1.00 Medical
- 0.50 NCCP-Medical: Pain Management
- 2.00 Operations
- 1.25 NCCP-Operations: Field Triage - Disasters/MCIs
- 2.50 State, Local, and Individual
- 1.50 Trauma
- 0.50 NCCP-Trauma: Hemorrhage Control
- 0.50 NCCP-Trauma: Triage