Altitude Related Illnesses
Review acute mountain sickness, HAPE and HACE. Assessment and treatment of altered mental status specifically related to altitude-related illnesses.
Arapahoe Basin Ski Patrol
Review signs/symptoms of Acute Mountain Sickness, HAPE, HACE
Treatment for altitude-related illnesses
Discussion of differential diagnosis
Elizabeth Schofield, EMT
EMS Continuing Education approved by the State of Colorado through Centura Health Prehospital Services Training Center and group # CO 039 (SAH), #CO 040 (PSF) and #CO 065 (SDG).
- 0.25 Airway, Ventilation, Respiratory
- 0.25 NCCP-ARV: Oxygenation
- 0.50 Medical
- 0.50 NCCP-Medical: Special Healthcare Needs
- 0.25 Operations
- 0.25 NCCP-Operations: At-Risk Populations
- 0.25 State, Local, and Individual