All Jacked Up-Webinar 2023-WBT
“All Jacked Up” will hit home with almost all of the audience. This not just an educational talk about the effects of energy drinks on our patients. This is also a talk about how it affects YOU! First Responders chronically use energy drinks to power through their shifts, but what is the consequence? Are there any benefits? Let’s find out as we go through the physiologic effects of the drinks/supplements and how to mitigate them appropriately.
Upon completion the student will be able to:
- Understand the various chemicals associated with energy drinks and how the body reacts to them
- Know the difference between safe and toxic levels of ingestion.
- Describe appropriate treatment of energy drink toxicity
Brandon Heggie, AAS, Paramedic
Central Mason Fire & EMS -Shelton, WA
EMS Continuing Education approved by the State of Colorado through Centura Health Prehospital Services Training Center and Group # CO 039 (SAH), #CO 040 (PSF) and #CO 065 (SDG)
- 0.50 Medical
- 0.50 NCCP-Medical: Toxicological Emergencies - Opiods
- 1.00 Nursing
- 0.50 Operations
- 0.50 NCCP-Operations: EMS Culture - Culture of Safety