Airway & Skills Cadaver Lab w/Dr Branney Jan 9, 2023
This is dynamic skills Cadaver lab. The lab will cover anatomy in the airway, chest, abdomen and extremities. The class will demonstrate the appropriate placement of IO needles in extremities and other alternative locations. The course will discuss the appropriate placement of endotracheal tubes and other airway devices how to identify landmarks and technique and how to identify misplacement. The course will demonstrate correct techinque for chest needle decompress the chest, identifying landmarks.The course will discuss cricothyrotomy, with identifying landmarks and technique.
1) Demonstrate correct landmarks for IO placement and correct technique and how to identify issues and correct them.
2) Demonstrate correct landmarks for chest needle decompression and correct technique and how to identify potential issues and how to correct them.
3) Demonstrate & identify correct landmarks for endotracheal intubation, correct technique and how to identify incorrect placement
4) How to correctly identify indications for cricothyrotomy and demonstrate correct technique and placement and identify correct placement.
Richard Estep, NRP
Scot Branney, MD
EMS Continuing Education approved by the State of Colorado through Centura Health Prehospital Services Training Center and Group # CO 039 (SAH), #CO 040 (PSF) and #CO 065 (SDG)
- 1.50 Airway, Ventilation, Respiratory
- 0.75 NCCP-ARV: Oxygenation
- 0.75 NCCP-ARV: Ventilation
- 0.50 Cardio