Trauma Symposium Trauma Patient Care with Diversity, Equity and Inclusion Panel Discussion
Panel discussion about treating the trauma patient considering Diversity, Equity and Inclusion.
RNs, Prehospital EMS, and Physicians, Residents, and Healthcare workers.
- Explain diversity, equity, and inclusion and how it relates to trauma patient care.
- Identify ways healthcare providers can be more attune to the needs of patients who are a part of marginalized communities.
- Recommend resources and tools that healthcare providers can utilize while taking care of a diverse patient population.
- Illustrate the importance of DEI knowledge for healthcare providers.
Dr. Oswaldo Grenardo, MD -SVP & Chief Diversity & Inclusion Officer
Wes Brookshear, MS - Primary Paramedic Education Lead Instructor St Anthony Paramedic Program, Penrose Location
Deborah Fabian, MD - Retired Surgeon
Amanda Daniel, MA, LPC - Jefferson County Mental Health Services
EMS Continuing Education approved by the State of Colorado through Centura Health Prehospital Services Training Center and Group # CO 039 (SAH), #CO 040 (PSF) and #CO 065 (SDG). This 1.0 hour class was presented by St. Anthony Hospital on Oct 14 2022. Provider is approved by the California Board of Registered Nursing, Provider Number 14010, for 1.0 contact hours. Attendee must retain a copy of this certificate for four years after course completion.
- 0.50 Medical
- 0.50 NCCP-Medical: Special Healthcare Needs
- 1.00 Nursing
- 0.50 Operations
- 0.50 NCCP-Operations: At-Risk Populations
- 1.00 State, Local, and Individual