CCEMS-CCFA April 19, 2023 CE Burns & Crush Injuries
How to manage patients with burns and crush injuries. Case reviews of trauma.
1) Participants will be able to name the various degrees of burns and the pathophysiology of burns.
2) Be able to describe the forms of treatment for burns and the importance of recognizing burns to the airway and immediate treatment
3) Be able to describe the pathophysiology of crush injuries and why it is importance of recognizing it early
4) Describe treatment for crush injuries and the importance of monitoring ECG and the role hyperkalemia plays
Scott Branney, MD
Gina Scarbrough, NRP, FP-C
EMS Continuing Education approved by the State of Colorado through Centura Health Prehospital Services Training Center and Group # CO 039 (SAH), #CO 040 (PSF) and #CO 065 (SDG)
- 0.25 Airway, Ventilation, Respiratory
- 0.25 NCCP-ARV: Oxygenation
- 0.25 Cardio
- 0.25 NCCP-Cardio: Cardiac Arrest
- 0.75 Medical
- 0.00 NCCP-Medical: Special Healthcare Needs
- 0.75 Trauma